(a.k.a. We Love You, But Use the Search Function)
In this episode we gather together the admin team of the Amsterdam Mamas Facebook group for a frank discussion about moderating a large online parenting group. We cover the following topics:
- Current group stats
- Do they read every comment?
- What is the profile of an admin?
- Do you need to be introverted or extroverted?
- What are the 10 most common posts?
- What are the top 5 most controversial topics?
- Controversy: what it all boils down to
- Surprising and unforgettable posts
- The difficult parts of admin work
- Internet Trolls
- What they deal with the most (spoiler: it’s advertising)
- Are people good or bad? A dig into human nature
- 10,000 members: can the internet handle it?
- What the admin team wants you to know
Psssttt! We’re looking for your Amsterdam Mamas stories! And we want to feature them on an upcoming episode. Do you have a story to share with us? Go here To find out how YOU can be on the Amsterdam Mamas Podcast!
Donna Bardsley is the travel-loving mother of three homebodies who hate to leave the house. After living in Amsterdam for six years, she has recently moved her family back to the US where she is experiencing all the joys of reverse culture shock.