In the MoveMe group we get our bodies into motion.
Movement can be anything from the way our heart beats, to our posture to the way we touch and hold ourselves and each other. Using dance and movement, supported by different materials and props, music and imagination children get to explore new ways of communicating and interacting with others in a group. Children are invited to take initiative and share their stories as well as listen to others and be part of the group. They are encouraged to discover new ways of expressing themselves, new ways of coping and understanding the world around them. We listen to their words as well as their body language and help them to understand and integrate their emotions and their experiences.
MoveMe groups can help children who (amongst others):
- Find it a challenge to show and express emotions in the presence of others
- Are insecure and unsure of themselves (for example difficulty with taking initiative and expressing themselves, avoid new situations, need a lot of reassurance) - Find it difficult to work together with others, take turns and/or understand someone else’s perspective
- Are going through a change in their lives (for example: moving houses, changing schools, a new class at school, a death, a birth, a divorce and so on) and find it difficult to adapt
- Struggle to say ‘no’ and end up in situations which make them uncomfortable/unhappy
- Find it difficult to understand and accept their own and others’ physical or emotional boundaries
Practical details: Mondays 16:15-17:15
From Monday 7th September to Monday 30th November (exluding October holidays!)
Sessions are in English & Dutch